Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Group Interview & The future of Facebook



I've become an expert on many things in a short period of time and interviewing is one of them.  I can now basically predict the questions I'll be asked.  While this makes the process more challenging because I have to keep it fresh, it also makes it more interesting.  One of my last interviews was a group interview where a panel of potential bosses fired questions at me like a firing squad.  About 1/2 way through the interview I had decided that this group of people was really a great team and someone I would like to work for in the future. Teamwork is important and  this seems to be the message that Facebook is trying to jettison going forward with their purchase of message at WhatsApp.  Text Messaging is the current wave of the future and my prediction is that Facebook will use their new found 19 billion dollar company to eventually allow users to post Facebook statuses as text message.  They current allow you to text your status to other people but not the other way, this type of two way communication will help Facebook compete with up in coming apps like Snap Chat.



No comments:

Post a Comment